One of the things that kept me pretty busy was last month, I went with my mom to a meeting in Kyoto. To clarify, I didn't actually go to any meetings, I just freeloaded. But I want to share with you some of my favourite pictures:
|Oh yes, I went to a cat cafe|
|The Kit Kat flavours are either out of this world or realllllly weird.|
|Oodles of buddhas at Otagi Nenbutsu-ji temple.|
|Just a monkey chillaxin'|
|Cherry blossom season. Simply gorgeous.|
|I don't even remember which temple |
this was. I had "temple fatigue" by the
time I got here, I think it was the 3rd temple
I had seen that day...but it didn't disappoint.
|I'd say the food was 50% delicious and 50%|
bizarre. Guess which category this fell into.
|Golden Pavillion - look at that reflection!|
- Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint in Surf, Habanero, and Meadowlark (the green was a cheapie dollar store purchase)
- Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Paint in Black
- Zinsser Aerosol Clear Shellac
- Prime everything with a couple of layers of white paint to cover up the wood. Wait for it to dry completely.
- Unscrew the knobs. Paint tops and knobs in colour of choice with several layers. Wait to dry completely between layers.
- Paint primed area with chalkboard paint (I did 3 layers). Wait at least an hour between each coat.
- Coat with sealant except on chalkboard surface